Built in 1810, Plymouth.
Broken up in 1822.
- 1810 Capt. Philip BEAVER, Cape of Good Hope.
Vice Ad. BERTIE hoisted his flag on board NISUS and sailed from the Cape on 4 September 1810 for Mauritius.
After making land on 2 October he cruised for 48 hours searching for any ship of the blockading squadron and, finding none, he proceeded to St. Paul's, Reunion where BOUDICEA, OTTER, STAUNCH, AFRICAINE, CEYLON and the captured French frigate VENUS (which he renamed NEREIDE) were anchored.
He then transferred his flag to AFRICAINE.
- The squadron sailed on the 14 October to resume the blockade of Mauritius.
The 600 men of the light brigade served as marines on board the five frigates until their services were required ashore.
More troops arrived from Bombay and Madras during the month and on the 29th. from a fleet of nearly 70 sail, the army with their artillery, marines and a large body of seamen disembarked in Grande Bay, about 12 miles to the windward of Port Louis.
On 3 December 1810 Mauritius surrendered.
- NISUS, PRESIDENT, PHOEBE and HESPER sailed from Batavia on 31 August 1811 for Cheribon to intercept the enemy's retreat to the eastward.
As no troops were available the marines of the ships, with those of LION added to them, were relied on to carry out the task.
- NISUS, PRESIDENT and PHOEBE (HESPER was a poor sailor and arrived a day later) anchored seven miles off Cheribon on 4 September and the following morning Capt. BEAVER sent Capt. WARREN of PRESIDENT ashore with a flag of truce.
He then stood in with the three frigates and anchored them as near as he could get to the fort.
When the French colours were lowered and replaced by the English, 180 marines were landed and took possession.
From the French General Jamelle Capt. BEAVER learnt that 350 infantry and 150 cavalry were on their way from Burtenzorg so he landed 150 seamen to garrison the fort and leave the marines free to take the field.
- On the 5th. he placed all the marines and 50 seamen, all mounted, under command of Capt Welchman RM
and they advanced to Curang Sambang about 35 miles distant.
Here they made prisoners of a captain, a lieutenant and 32 troopers of the enemy's native cavalry, and captured nine wagons laden with silver and copper money.
More prisoners were taken over the next few days until they numbered about 700, 240 European the rest Malays.
Another 22 chests of money were sent back and coffee valued at 250,000 Spanish dollars was found in the stores.
On 11 September all the 239 marines and seamen landed on the 4th. were re-embarked with none wounded or killed and only a few sick.
- NISUS, PRESIDENT, PHOEBE and HARPY joined Rear Ad. STOPFORD with SCIPIO and LION on 14 September and the following day they sailed for Sourabaya.
On the 17th. they anchored off Ledayo on the Java shore leading to Gressie and were joined by three transports with 200 Sepoys and 50 European cavalry, with the marines this made a force of nearly 450 men.
The troops were landed on the 19th. and took possession of the place the following day.
- 1814 Capt. C. M. SCHOMBERG.
- 1815 Plymouth.